What it is: A clean, cutting edge formula with one-percent vegan retinol and superfood-rich ingredients to diminish the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Dark Spots, and Dryness
Formulation: Lightweight Cream
– One-Percent Retinol: A pure form of vegan retinol, one of the most well-researched ingredients in skincare, capable of bringing balance to any skin concern. At a one percent concentration, retinol can dramatically improve the look and feel of uneven skin tone and texture as well as ward off the damage done from daily exposure to UV rays, pollution, or other free radicals.
– Triple Peptide Blend: A potent trio of peptides that helps firm and strengthen, boosting the age-fighting benefits of retinol.
– Vitamin F: Soothing fatty acids (linolenic and linoleic) that work to improve skin’s texture and suppleness and help calm signs of sensitivity.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan and cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: Retinol and supportive peptides restore bounce, resilience, and clarity to skin while helping to even tone and texture without redness and irritation. Vitamin F and a curated blend of oils replenish lipids and moisture while antioxidant-packed ingredients defend against environmental stressors.
Free of essential oils, silicones, and fragrance.
Drunk Elephant is clean, but in their opinion, “clean” is not enough when it comes to caring for skin. They make “Clean Compatible” skincare. Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. They never take into account an ingredient’s synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on biocompatibility. You won’t find what they call the “Suspicious 6” in their products (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, and SLS) making them, in their opinion, appropriate for all skin. They believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue we see, and when entirely removed from one’s routine, (“a clean break”), skin can reset and return to a healthy, balanced state. It is equally, if not more, important what they leave out of the products as what they put in. This skin-elimination diet (think Whole30 for your face) inspired the #barewithus Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies chronicling the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found success using the line and renewed confidence in their own skin. When formulating their products, Drunk Elephant focuses on biocompatibility, pH levels, and safety, always making sure that the active ingredients are at efficacious levels and remain respectful and always supportive of skin’s acid mantle.
Drunk Elephant is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation) and is cruelty-free.
– Men’s Health, 2019 Grooming Award
– Women’s Health, 2019 Beauty Award
Clinical Results: In an independent consumer testing panel of 45 women ages 25 to 55:
– 100% of testers agreed skin clarity was improved
– 94% of testers agreed skin texture felt smoother
– 88% of testers agreed skin felt firmer
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.